Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Production Technologies,

After a bit of research I have found some software which I can use to implement my idea. The software is called Reactivion. This is a piece of symbol tracking software, which can identify a number of different symbols from a live web cam feed. I will use this software in conjunction with MAX MSP, which is a visual programming and processing program.

MAX MSP will be used to determine the individual symbols x and y locations on the screen and also the symbols individual id number. This information will then be transferred into flash and using actionscript I will generate some algorithms to process the information from MAX MSP.

If I have enough time I would like to also incorporate some heat sensors onto the handle of the box to take the users temperature and one in the room to help generate some more parameters that I could use within my algorithms to determine the visual and audio output from my piece. This will help create more of a feed back loop or a type of action reaction loop between the piece and the user.

By placing these sensors on the box and in the room also gives the box a kind of awareness of parameters within its surroundings and makes it more of an environmentally responsive piece as well as a physically responsive piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment