Thursday, April 30, 2009

Physical Production,

Bellow are some images of the box I have constructed for my final piece. Although I have not managed to build in any heat or light sensors for the box at this stage the symbols rotate with the turn of the handle and the cylinder and are tracked by the web cam,.

This means that I am then able to take the x and y positions of these symbols and process this information using reactivision and MAX MSP and incorporate this into flash to do the collision detection, visualisation and audio out put.





Physical materials that I used were all found or purchased second hand for very little amount.

The box is a mahogany box with brass hinges which I obtained from a car boot sale.

The bar which the cylinder rotates on is actual a piece of chopped up coat hanger from my cupboard.

The cylinder is a hacked down biscuit tin that was found rattling around in my kitchen.

The handle was also from a car boot sale it was actually part of an old hand drill as mentioned earlier in my blogg.

The gears were obtained from the robotics department at Plymouth University.

And all the nuts, bolts and screws were just random bits and piece I found in and around my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment