Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reserch,






Above is an example of a rustic looking object that I consider to be a form of interactive art. This is the type of thing I am looking to create for my final piece.

The old fashioned music box above works by turning the handle which then spins a cylinder that has numerous notches in it that when collide with the pins produce a sound.

My final idea is take this music box example and use the old aesthetics and interactions and update the technology within it. By this I mean to implement maybe some type of motion or symbol tracking with the box itself so when you turn the handle it spins a cylinder that rotates and reveals different symbols to the webcam. These symbols will then trigger a sound of maybe some type of visualisation.

The aesthetics of the finished product itself are very important to this project, as this is what will attract the attention of the user in the first instance and encourage the user to interact with the piece and contribute towards the juxtaposition of the modern technology used within it.

Bellow is an example of where I am thinking of sourcing my handle for my box. I like the look of these style handles as I feel that it will contribute to the rustic low-tech style aesthetic look that I Am looking for, for my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment